Selecting your wedding photographer can be stressful. Before moving to the interview phase of selecting your photographer, it is important that your top candidates match your wedding style (see other tips here). Before setting up an interview confirm that the photographer has your wedding date available.
While there are questions that you should walk through with the photographer, things you will want to mentally note:
- Do I have a connection with this photographer? Do our personalities work well together?
- Am I comfortable with this person?
- Has this photographer listened to me and responded to me well?
Questions to ask when meeting wedding photographers:
- How many weddings have you shot? Any similar to mine in size?
- Are you shooting other events that day or weekend?
- Have you shot at my venue? If answer is no, do you visit venues to get acquainted with the space?
- What type of equipment do you use?
- How would you describe your photography style?
- Do you have a second photographer?
- Are you the one that will shoot my wedding?
- How long will you be with me on my day?
- What is your post production process? Do you color correct images?
- What attire do you wear?
- Talk to me about your packages? Can I customize a package?
- What is your refund/cancellation policy?
- Can I have a list of references?
- Are you a registered business and do you carry insurance?
Hopefully this helps you along your wedding planning journey!